From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary
Steiner
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:13 PM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] 4.2 build 20 Released 6 July 2006

Here is SmarterTools take on the problem:

> Failed is written to the .hdr if the message was not succesfully
> recieved via SMTP. For instance, if the connection is closed mid
> transmission. These(and corresponding .emls) are normally just deleted
> by SmarterMail. The only reason you are noticing them is because of
Declude storing them in the error folder.

The implication is that Declude is interrupting part of SmarterMail's
normail process.  Now I know this is essentially what Declude does anyway,
but shouldn't Declude know the difference between a message that has
finished SMTP and SmarterMail is ready to deliver, and a message that is
incomplete in the SMTP process and an SMTP retry is occurring so this failed
message should be ignored?  Otherwise we are going to get thousands of
unneccessary incomplete messages dumped into the error folder that is going
to do nothing other than to take up disk space.  Not to mention that if some
other type of error occurs that puts a message in the error folder, we'll
never find it because its buried under all these other superfluous messages.
Before 4.2.20, this wasn't a problem.