Jim,

While others may cringe regarding this, but some of the backscatter I have had to deal with (excess of 500-1000 messages a minute at times) I have had to put filters in place to delete null senders for periods of time.

Darrell

Jim Comerford wrote:
Over the last several weeks we have seen a dramatic increase in spam hitting our server. From about 70,000 mails a day to around 110,000 /day. Most destined for our users is getting properly filtered by declude. What is getting thru is backscatter from spam that is forging addresses from domains we host. It seems just about any address that is posted on a website seems to be being used to forge outgoing spam (not from our server) -- and is generating all sorts of bounce messages. I suspect there is not much I can do to block this backscatter without blocking legit bounce messages... but I thought I'd ask. Here is our config:
    Imail 8.22
    Declude 4.3.64
    invURIBL 3.1.1
    Sniffer