Same here, we normally run 100 or so messages a min @ 70% spam, now seeing peaks of 400-500 @ 97% Seems much worse in the last 2 weeks or so. I think that we all have lots of company.

Herb

Darrell ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
Jim,

While others may cringe regarding this, but some of the backscatter I have had to deal with (excess of 500-1000 messages a minute at times) I have had to put filters in place to delete null senders for periods of time.

Darrell

Jim Comerford wrote:
Over the last several weeks we have seen a dramatic increase in spam hitting our server. From about 70,000 mails a day to around 110,000 /day. Most destined for our users is getting properly filtered by declude. What is getting thru is backscatter from spam that is forging addresses from domains we host. It seems just about any address that is posted on a website seems to be being used to forge outgoing spam (not from our server) -- and is generating all sorts of bounce messages. I suspect there is not much I can do to block this backscatter without blocking legit bounce messages... but I thought I'd ask. Here is our config:
    Imail 8.22
    Declude 4.3.64
    invURIBL 3.1.1
    Sniffer

Herb Guenther
Lanex, LLC
www.lanex.com
(262)789-0966x102 Office
(262)780-0424 Cell (off hours or if out of office)

This e-mail is confidential and is for the use of the intended
recipient(s)only. If you are not an intended recipient please advise us of our
error by return e-mail then delete this e-mail and any attached files. You may
not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way.