This is totally off topic but hope you can help!

Client has W2K server, with modem & ADSL. The ADSL connection has been
down for a few days so I was going to setup the modem for internet
access.

Before doing so I installed Norton Internet Security so that the modem
connection would be protected.

After the restart the machine sits on 'Preparing Network Connections'
screen. I booted in safe mode so that I may un-install Norton Internet
Security, but because the Windows Installer service does not run in Safe
mode I can not uninstall the software. The event viewer also shows a lot
of services failing to start because the TCP/IP protocol driver has
failed to start.

I presume some network driver file has been overwritten or a registry
entry changed. Does anybody know what I can do to revive the TCP/IP
protocol driver?

Many thanks!!!
Lyndon.

Email checked by UKsubnet anti-virus service
To prevent email abuse & block spam
contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: +44(0)8712360301 Web: www.uksubnet.net
Fax: +44(0)8712360300