Hello Bill,

Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 9:01:39 AM, you wrote:

BL> I agree, the old manual download/install should at least be an option.  I
BL> don't like downloading 6.66mb file, just to get a 500kb declude.exe file.
BL> Especially when that 6mb install file takes over 3.5 minutes to complete its
BL> installation process, and then changes my config files in the process
BL> without warning (as Kami noted, it changes the .eml files - did the same
BL> thing here), and then did not install properly.

BL> After running the install, which completed without error, I ended up with a
BL> 288kb declude.exe file that did not work - I had to revert back to version
BL> 1.81 to get Declude JunkMail & Virus to function again.  What size
BL> declude.exe file have others that successfully installed 2.0B ended up with?

BL> Bill

I haven't tried installing it yet, but this thread is very reminiscent
of the last time they tried an installer.

The billing and customer management software I use (Platypus for
those that are curious), has a very simple solution for this major bug
in the installer. During an upgrade, they give you three radio buttons
for the report files (you can modify or make new reports using Crystal
Reports), install the reports, install the reports to a subfolder, don't
install the reports.  That lets you choose the risk of overwrite, but
still gives the option of seeing what's new without overwriting.

--
Best regards,
 Charles                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]