>Hmmm, comments like these make me think it's time we moved on as well!
>So whaddaya say, is Report Builder Pro "it"?  What reportwriters do
>people recommend (if any :( ), especially for really complicated
>reports?

We're using OLE links to Office97 (Word and Excel) to produce reoprts.  It's a little
slow though and we haven't found a nice solution for previewing (Since the user really
shouldn't be clicking directly into Word where they can make a change before printing).

This gives us the advantage of a fileformat, great reporting functionality and some
limited
conversation functionality (if you consider Word97s HTML generation any good)...

The other alternative we're looking into is a freeware implementation of the later
(98) RTF
dll in a richedit component.  It implements most document features like word but would
be
direct driven and therefore considerably faster.  It can churn out a formatted
database dump
pretty smartly.  There are some minor glitches however and as it's freeware without
support
we're looking at fixing 'em as we go (the author will get a nice prezzie if we use it
in production).

--
Aaron Scott-Boddendijk
Jump Productions