Hi, all.

James wrote:
> I recieved an email from QuSoft this afternoon.
> I asked them some questions and these are the replies:
> ============================
> We are currently finishing up the 3.0.5 release.
> There are some remaining issues with the TQREditor component and this has
> been holding up the release.  As soon as this is finished, the 3.0.5
> fileset will be released and on our download page..

Heh. The TQREditor component in QR 2 is what I spent a lot of my time
fixing. It's been a year since QR 3.0 was released and they are _still_
fussing with that stuff!?!

> QuSoft answers every tech support message from registered users sent to
> this address within 1 to 2 business days.

Uhmm.. not in my experience. I sent them bug reports as a registered user
back in the QR 2 days. I know they recieved them since I got a complaint
back about not sending to both qusoft.com and qusoft.no but that is all I
ever got back. I'd even attached the necessary fixes for the bugs I'd found.
I've never heard a peep from QuSoft since and those same bugs were still
there in QR 3. So I stopped bothering to report bugs.

> We can not provide support for
> the version of Quick Report that is bundled with Delphi and C++Builder.
> Inprise does not pay us for the version that they bundle and they are
> supposed to provide support via their forums.

IMO, this is not a support problem ('How do I do X with QR?') - it's a code
quality (or QA) problem ('How come QR blows up when I do X?'). Very
different beast - but I think I've flogged this horse to death :-)

I would advise anyone to bite the bullet and dump QR and select either
Report Printer Pro (which we use) or Report Builder Pro (ex-Piparti) which I
gather is pretty decent as well. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

TTFN,
  Paul.