--- Mark Derricutt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Chris Crowe wrote:
>
> > I beleive that the loaded method is called when the properties for
> the
> > component are "loaded" from the run time DFM. Since there is no DFM
> when you
> > create the control manually there is no properties to be loaded.
>
> My understanding was that it triggered after the properties had been
> loaded, and after create, so that the default values had been
> applied.
> AFAIK under D3 and earlier, it also triggered when doing a manual
> create,
> although I may be wrong here.

You are wrong (sorry).'Default' values get set in the constructor.
There is nothing for the properties to be 'loaded' from when you're
creating an object manually, so .Loaded doesn't (and never did) get
called.

I would imagine that whatever code you've got in your 'loaded' method
maybe shouldn't be there :-)

Cheers,
Kerry S