Hi Bernhard,

just briefly scanning some mails :-) So just a quick ...

Am Samstag, den 21.05.2011, 22:47 +0200 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
> Hi Marc, all,
>
> While [UX] is quite universal understood, I want you to think (and
> decide) about a short tag for Visual Identity / Branding Design.
> Marc mentioned the necessity for newcomers to understand the tag, but I
> think most of us agree to keeping as much room for a descriptive subject.
>
> Possible tags would be:
> [VI] for Visual Identity
+1

> [BD] for Branding Design

> [VD] for Visual Design
+0.5 :-)

> [ViDes] for Visual Design
>
> None of them are self-descriptive, but we should provide a wiki page for
> new members where such abbreviations have to be explained (together with
> more general information about our team).

Well, this may be already (partly) done when looking at the initial
(informative but a bit ugly) wiki page of our team:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design#Disciplines

It would be great to achieve consistency ... so we may use [VI] for the
subject of mails, "VisualIdentity" for wiki and bugtracker and "Visual
Identity Design" for documentation means. But especially for mail
subjects, the shorter the better - for the new members, the proposed
"New Members"-page listed on WhatWeNeed might be a good place for some
basic explanations how we work.

Moreover, stuff like "UX" is already known on the developer list - I'd
like to re-use this knowledge. So it is more about adding a counterpart
for visual identity design.

By the way, thanks for all your kind wishes with regard to our new
baby ... everything is fine and I'm having a great time. Thus, being
offline again :-)

Have a great time!

Cheers,
Christoph