On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 9:57 AM Allan Day via desktop-devel-list
<desktop-devel-list@gnome.org> wrote:

>> An example of this biting us in the arse is that with 3.32 TopIcons is
>> causing the CPU usage to run through the roof, and people are blaming the
>> Shell for the CPU usage, not the extension, leaving our users with a bad
>> taste in their mouths.
>

> Can we can do a better job at sign-posting which extension people should use?

A couple of months ago I said I was willing to maintain an "official"
fork of the extension[0].

Except for the ID the fork should use (I really don't want to use the
private e-mail of the former maintainer), everything is lined up[1],
but unfortunately the name issue is still waiting for a conclusion[2].

Cheers,
Florian

[0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell-extensions/issues/116
[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/fmuellner/top-icons/tree/import