On Tuesday 03 January 2006 19:48, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> This sounds like it would be a very, very big writing effort, perhaps
> not to the scale of Wikipedia, but at least of the scope of the Linux
> documentation project, and perhaps larger.  So...  what would keep these
> writers motivated to do this (seemingly overwhelming amount of) writing?

overwhelming and ultimately boring, not to mention not a great use of our
developer resources[1] if we had alternate sources of manpower to tap.

a monetary investment and proper stewardship could do wonders here. it may
even be the difference between "that's a great concept" and "we've got an
implementation of that great concept".

[1] i assume, given the limited number of technical writers with knowledge of
this domain currently in the community, that the bulk of the effort would
inevitably fall upon the shoulders of developers even as it tends to now.

--
Aaron J. Seigo