On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, that's fair.  In the world of DOM APIs, we sometimes do this for
> other reasons though, either because of time pressure to ship, or because
> we're not sure if a given API is a good idea and we want to have a sandbox
> where a subset of the developers targeting our platform (in that case the
> gaia developers) being able to play with the feature and provide us with
> feedback that can guide our way to expose the feature to the web.

This is exactly the case here. We have pressure to ship but we are still
discussing the proposal. However details on how animating scrolling,
transform and opacity should work is agreed upon so far. Being able to ship
that functionally while we discuss how other properties will behave with
will-animate.

Perhaps in that case it is appropriate to restrict to certified apps
temporarily while the proposal is complete. In the future we will be ready
to ship to the web. If we go with this suggestion then b2g apps will have
to wait a few releases to get this feature.