On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Julien Wajsberg <jwajsb...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> While I agree on all you're saying, it has one inconvenient: we'll
> likely have criticism for giving preference to our apps over third-party
> apps. For someone external to the project, it's similar to what Apple is
> doing with Webkit HW acceleration in iOS. That's not the same reason for
> sure, but it shares the same consequences.

As long as we actively work towards exposing these properties to the
full web, we are doing everyone a favor by experimenting with them
internally before unleashing them on the full web. Prematurely
shipping features is bad for the web.

By engaging in the standards WGs we are clearly actively working
towards exposing the properties to the web.

So yes, someone could make an argument that it's similar to when other
platforms expose APIs internally and not to 3rd party developers.
However it's easy to shoot down such arguments.

/ Jonas