On 3/29/14 7:33 PM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
> If Promise.jsm is obviously superior, why don't we expose that version
> to chrome-privileged global scopes by default? One less footgun.

If we did this, we would end up with two distinct Promise globals, with
two distinct semantics. This seems to me like the bigger footgun.

Also, keeping the necessity to import Promise.jsm will make it easier to
eventually migrate from Promise.jsm to [a superset of] DOM Promise once
we consider that everything is ready for that migration.

Cheers,
 David

--
David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD