On 31/03/2014 13.42, David Rajchenbach-Teller wrote:
> I don't remember that we did any benchmark on this. I seem to remember
> that this was an assumption based on a discussion with bz a long time
> ago, but it might have been someone else.

Yes, memory was my source too.

On 31/03/2014 13.34, smaug wrote:
> Based on the code inspection both seem to do pretty much the same thing.
> Post a runnable to the event loop and then process all the callbacks in
> on batch.

And if that's the case, and the C++ / JavaScript transition does not
cost a lot, probably our assumption on performance was wrong.

On 31/03/2014 13.42, David Rajchenbach-Teller wrote:
> Numbers would be interesting, though. Paolo, do you have plans to
> perform benchmarking?

Not at present. I'd like to focus on the blockers, and as I already
said I don't think performance is a hard blocker, even if it might be
different from one implementation to the other.

Cheers,
Paolo