Are we expecting that this will reduce unwanted layout/paint cycles on the
critical path and thus minimise the 'white flash of doom'? If not what are
the options for killing this?

If the user has to see anything before the new 'please-draw-me' event, we'd
probably like to see the app's background painted with the primary theme
color, or some kind of splash-screen image. Anything but the signature 'I'm
a clunky old website' white flash :)

*W I L S O N  P A G E*

Front-end Developer
Firefox OS (Gaia)