On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 7:59 AM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> Ah, yes, that makes sense.
>
> Is this yet another API where we want to basically have an internal
> list of promises?
>
>   someInstance.doNotRenderUntil(promise)

I don't have a strong opinion on syntax.

Though for the above to be reliable you'd want to make sure that all
.doNotRenderUntil() calls happen in blocking <script>s in the <head>.
Promises that are registered later would race with the other tasks
finishing before the registration.

And I think we generally want to avoid blocking <script>s in the <head>.

I think something like a <meta name="do-not-render"> might be a
simpler solution here. Coupled with either simply removing the <meta>
from the DOM, or having a function which indicates that rendering is
ok.

/ Jonas