On 01/04/16 01:02, Emma Humphries wrote:
I've responded to a similar comment in the google doc, but I'll repeat it
here.

Priority sounds like a great choice, but given that everyone's using the
Priority field their own way, there's enough heterogeneity in how it's used
to make it difficult.

I kind of feel like this is the story of Bugzilla. Every time there's a desire to do something slightly new the path of least resistance is to add yet another UI element for that one special case. Now 18 years later the interface is a confusing mess, and fields are either irrelevant or critically important depending on which component the bug happens to be in.

Which is not to argue for a particular solution here. I don't have a strong opinion. But once we have picked something, can we at least try to remove any UI that is more-or-less vestigial given that decision and, at least briefly, fight entropy by making things simpler and more consistent, rather than the reverse.