On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Chris Peterson <cpeter...@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> Anthony's Media Playback team has been using a simple and effective triage
> system without special tags. All open bugs in the Audio/Video Playback
> component are in one of four states at all times:
>
> * Priority P1 bugs should be fixed ASAP.
> * Priority P2 bugs are real bugs or features we want to fix soon.
> * Priority P5 bugs are "patches accepted" bugs.
> * Bugs without a priority are untriaged.

The drawback of indicating priorities in this way is that it is totally
opaque to anybody who is not on that particular subteam, let alone somebody
who is using Bugzilla for the first time to report breakage on a site they
use. If this was marked "backlog" or whatever instead of "P5", and there
was a link to an explanation of what "backlog" meant, then it would make it
much easier for people to figure out what is going on in any bug. I think
that is a big advantage of the proposed triaging system, even though I
think it is reasonable for anybody to be skeptical of adding even more
bells and whistles to the Bugzilla interface.

Andrew