On 4/19/16 1:58 AM, Panos Astithas wrote:
Why should we be the ones to take the web compat hit on this?

> is the fundamentally biggest issue.

I realize I'm late to this thread and the discussion has moved the original
proposal towards something more refined and hence more likely to succeed,
but I'd still like to make a case for this tradeoff:

We should be the ones doing this, because we want to be known as the most
secure, most private browser.

This is isn't an easy position to reach or maintain. It's not as clear-cut
as the fastest browser, or the less memory-demanding browser, but it is one
we have identified as holding a competitive advantage for.

The challenge is that users experience broken websites (web compat) firsthand, but privacy and security are invisible.