Den lördag 16 juli 2016 kl. 00:47:00 UTC+2 skrev Robert O'Callahan:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 5:09 AM, Steve Fink <sf...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> > I know it's kind of crazy given our garbage-collected, single content
> > process world, but reading this thread makes me wonder what it would take
> > to use the browser to implement a real linux-hosted audio workstation-type
> > app. As in, something that requires truly low-latency audio with mixing. My
> > (years stale) understanding is that pulseaudio is kind of the wrong model,
> > and can't really offer the right guarantees at an architectural level. ALSA
> > is, as ever, a mess, and just because you can play sound through ALSA on
> > one hardware configuration doesn't really mean much for other drivers.
> >
> > Last I knew, JACK was the only way to get basically no dropouts and still
> > be able to do nontrivial audio processing. But a JACK backend for the
> > browser just seems kind of silly; it's too much of a niche "market" to try
> > for anytime soon.
> >

> A JACK backend for cubeb, hence Firefox, exists but isn't compiled into
> Mozilla builds.
>
> The Web Audio API lets audio processing run on its own real-time thread,
> and that's what Gecko does, although on Linux unprivileged users running
> Firefox can't give that thread real-time priority.
>
> Rob
> --
> lbir ye,ea yer.tnietoehr  rdn rdsme,anea lurpr  edna e hnysnenh hhe uresyf
> toD
> selthor  stor  edna  siewaoeodm  or v sstvr  esBa  kbvted,t
> rdsme,aoreseoouoto
> o l euetiuruewFa  kbn e hnystoivateweh uresyf tulsa rehr  rdm  or rnea
> lurpr
> .a war hsrer holsa rodvted,t  nenh hneireseoouot.tniesiewaoeivatewt sstvr
> esn

Unless root has desired that they can. On ubuntu:
/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf. And users that uses JACK is member in the
audio group.

# Provided by the jackd package.
#
# Changes to this file will be preserved.
#

@audio   -  rtprio     95
@audio   -  memlock    unlimited
#@audio   -  nice      -19