WebExtension Experiments are a way to write WebExtension APIs without
having to write an API in mozilla-central.

There are no WebExtension Experiments enabled on release.

They have been enabled on release in Firefox 55 for a restricted set
of users *only*. Basically, Test Pilot. When that team proposes
pushing out an experiment to release, the usual release process for
that team will take place.

There is no need to think about interface compatibility in the future
with external clients.