On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 6:17 AM, Kris Maglione <kmagli...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On nightlies and
> in unbranded builds, it will still be possible to enable them by flipping a
> pref, but they will be completely unsupported.
>
> Yes, that means that some users and developers will continue to use them,
> and continue to get upset when they break

Why is it worthwhile to keep a configuration that will continue to
make people upset? Does there exist a known set of legacy extensions
that 1) do something that WebExtensions can't yet do and that 2) are
limited to using interfaces that we don't want to remove or refactor
ASAP?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@hsivonen.fi