On 26/10/2017 15:14, Milan Sreckovic wrote:
Are we locked into using the same compiler for the ESR updates?  In other words, do we need to keep VS2015 for ESR52 builds until they are not needed anymore?

Yes, IMO.

Whether or not we're "locked" in any technical sense, I think we should probably lock ourselves there by policy, unless a specific bug in the older compiler is directly affecting ESR builds in a serious way, and can only be solved by updating.

Short of something like that (which seems pretty unlikely!), the stability risk involved in switching compilers doesn't sound like it belongs anywhere near the ESR world.

JK