It would be great to get these speed gains for 58, hot on the heels of the
57 release.

My plan is this: if I can get this landed by Monday, that still leaves two
weeks in the cycle. Based on my positive experience thus far with this
compiler (this update has been much more smooth than past ones), I'm
comfortable with that number. If it goes longer than that, I agree it makes
sense to wait for a new train.