On 2017-10-26 12:19 PM, Ryan VanderMeulen wrote:
On 10/26/2017 10:14 AM, Milan Sreckovic wrote:
Are we locked into using the same compiler for the ESR updates?  In other words, do we need to keep VS2015 for ESR52 builds until they are not needed anymore?

Our compiler toolchains are determined with in-tree configs nowadays, so this change won't impact any other branches.

I'm pleased to discover that this change shouldn't hurt community developers on older hardware. VS2017 drops support for developing on some older versions of Windows Server, but doesn't otherwise cause major changes in hardware/software requirements.

- mhoye