On 8/19/14, 5:37 PM, Kathleen Wilson wrote:
All,

I started a new wiki page to document Mozilla's expectations regarding
CA compliance with the BRs, and auditing according to the BRs.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:BaselineRequirements

It is a very rough draft, but I would appreciate feedback on it.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Regarding Whole-Population BR Audit of Intermediate Certs, since the BRs are for SSL certs, this should probably only apply to intermediate certs that are capable of issuing SSL certs.

Regarding auditing for things in RFC 5280...

There are things in RFC 5280 (such as duplicate serial numbers) that aren't stated in the BRs. So, does the CAB Forum need to add important requirements from RFC 5280 to the BRs, so they get added to the BR audit criteria?

Why I ask...
It is my understanding that when an auditor performs a BR audit, she will follow a BR audit criteria such as the WebTrust BR audit criteria or the ETSI TS 102 042 PTC-BR criteria. For the requirements that are explicitly defined in the BR audit criteria, the auditor will examine the technical settings and sampled certificates to check for those things. For things that are not explicitly defined in BR audit criteria, the auditor may use some less strict audit procedures such as asking CA personnel or reviewing the CP/CPS to check for those things.

Kathleen