On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 05:15:58PM -0700, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 4:35:39 PM UTC-7, Matt Palmer wrote:
> > I'm after the specifics of the changes to WoSign's policies and procedures
> > regarding *notification*, not quality control.  What were WoSign's previous
> > policies and procedures regarding notification (obviously there was
> > something in place, since Google was notified), and what changes have been
> > made to improve those policies to ensure that all root programs are notified
> > in line with each program's requirements in the future?
>
> Clarification: In none of these incidents was Google notified proactively
> by WoSign.  Instead, Google received communication from internal or
> external researchers regarding these issues, either prior to resolution or
> much later after the fact, and subsequently contacted WoSign regarding
> them.

Oh, wow.  I totally misread the initial report.  That's almost certainly
much *worse*, then, because it's not simply a matter of some adjustments to
an existing process to improve it, but likely the development and deployment
of an entirely new process.

- Matt

--
The main advantages of Haynes and Chilton manuals are that they cost $15,
where the factory manuals cost $100 and up, and that they will tell you how