We know how to do in the future, and believe me we will do this better.

Best Regards,

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+richard=wosign....@lists.mozilla.org] On
Behalf Of Matt Palmer
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 10:03 AM
To: dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Incidents involving the CA WoSign

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 05:15:58PM -0700, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 4:35:39 PM UTC-7, Matt Palmer wrote:
> > I'm after the specifics of the changes to WoSign's policies and
> > procedures regarding *notification*, not quality control.  What were
> > WoSign's previous policies and procedures regarding notification
> > (obviously there was something in place, since Google was notified),
> > and what changes have been made to improve those policies to ensure
> > that all root programs are notified in line with each program's
> > requirements in the future?
>
> Clarification: In none of these incidents was Google notified
> proactively by WoSign.  Instead, Google received communication from
> internal or external researchers regarding these issues, either prior
> to resolution or much later after the fact, and subsequently contacted
> WoSign regarding them.

Oh, wow.  I totally misread the initial report.  That's almost certainly much
*worse*, then, because it's not simply a matter of some adjustments to an
existing process to improve it, but likely the development and deployment of an
entirely new process.

- Matt

--
The main advantages of Haynes and Chilton manuals are that they cost $15, where
the factory manuals cost $100 and up, and that they will tell you how to use