From: Gervase Markham
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:28 AM
To: Peter Kurrasch; mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Criticism of Google Re: Google Trust Services roots

Hi Peter,

On 25/04/17 02:10, Peter Kurrasch wrote:
> Fair enough. I propose the following for consideration:

As it happens, I have been working on encoding:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:RootTransferPolicy
into our policy. A sneak preview first draft is here:

https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/issue-57

Would you be kind enough to review that and see if it addresses your
points and, if not, suggest how it might change and why?

I can see the value of a "definition of intention" and the choosing of a
category, as long as we are careful to make sure the categories do not
preclude operations that we would like to see occur. As Ryan Hurst
notes, there is potentially significant value to the ecosystem in root
transfers.

Gerv