On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 10:40 AM Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy <

> I mean, it's using an ACE label. That's where Ballot 202 would have
> clarified and required more explicit validation of the ACE labels to
> address the SHOULD NOT from https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3490#section-5
> a MUST NOT.
>
> The CA can perform ToASCII(ToUnicode(label)) == label to validate.

 Ballot 202 explicitly required that ToUnicode(label) works (i.e. is valid
Punycode).  ToASCII() has a number of different parameters and different
clients use different parameter values.  I don't think the BRs should
require that CAs use a specific combination because that would effectively
mean that certain clients would not be able to use TLS with IDNs.

Thanks,
Peter