On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 2:01 PM Buschart, Rufus <rufus.busch...@siemens.com>
wrote:

> > Von: Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com>
> >
> > The CA can perform ToASCII(ToUnicode(label)) == label to validate.
>
> Sorry to be picky, but this check only proofs that a label is a valid IDNA
> label but not that it is _not_ a weird server name.

Picky is good! Obviously I'm very picky ;)

What's not clear to me is why that distinction is relevant, particularly on
the validation side of things. IDNA-aware software will, by virtue of being
IDNA-aware, treat it as an A-label if it's a valid ACE label with the ACE
prefix, and, correspondingly, transform into a U-Label if they see it as
appropriate. From the discussion you were having with Jakob, it's not clear
the relevance of that point about 'weird hostname' vs 'U-label' - perhaps I
missed something?