On Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 12:30:03 PM UTC-5, James Burton wrote:
> I'm talking about someone from a restricted country using a undocumented
> domain name to obtain a Let's Encrypt certificate and there is nothing that
> can be done about it.

Until they get caught and their certificates revoked (with the corresponding
service disruption) as indicated in
https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/according-to-mcclatchydc-com-lets-encrypt-revoqued-and-banned-usareally-com/81517/10?u=hablutzel1:

> When it is brought to our attention that we are serving an entity on the SDN
> list, and if we can confirm the report, we will respond by revoking
> outstanding certs and banning future issuance to the entity.

>This happens to maybe one domain per month, to give you some idea of the
>frequency.

So in the best case scenario they could keep getting free LE certificates at
the expense of the quality of the service they provide, e.g. because of the
need to renew domains constantly.