Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com> wrote:

>> It would be easier to understand if this is true if the proposed text
>> cited the RFCs, like RFC 4055, that actually impose the requirements that
>> result in the given encodings.
>>

> Could you clarify, do you just mean adding references to each of the
> example encodings (such as the above example, for the SPKI encoding)?

Exactly. That way, it is clear that the given encodings are not imposing a
new requirement, and it would be clear which standard is being used to
determine to correct encoding.

I realize that determining the encoding from each of these cited specs
would require understanding more specifications, including in particular
how ASN.1 DER requires DEFAULT values to be encoded. I would advise against
calling out all of these details individually less people get confused by
inevitable omissions.

Cheers,
Brian
--