On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 12:48 PM Corey Bonnell via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:

> Hi Kathleen,
> Thank you for sending out this notification of the draft survey. I have
> briefly reviewed and would like to ask what is the intent of Item 4 and the
> associated sub-items? The Browser Alignment draft ballot is under discussion
> in the CAB Forum, so the intent behind the shift of the location of discourse
> to the Mozilla forum is unclear.

Not Kathleen here, but it seems to make sense to me, for the same
reason Item 3 makes sense. That is, in Item 3, Apple's deployed a
policy, and there's a question about if/when Mozilla should do the
same. Item 4 seems similar - 4.1 is a Microsoft requirement, 4.2 is an
existing Mozilla implementation requirement (and RFC 5280
requirement), 4.3 is moving a CCADB SHOULD to a MUST, and 4.4 is a
Microsoft requirement.

Discussion in the CA/Browser Forum is very useful, although to date,
no CA has raised any concerns or discussion despite the multiple
attempts to get feedback, so it's also useful to have a CA
communication that can encourage feedback, both as Mozilla looks at
possibly adding them to policy (similar to the longstanding
requirements in Microsoft's policy) as well as the CA/B Forum looks at
adding them to the BRs.

How would/should Mozilla gather feedback about potential changes to
its Policies, directly or indirectly (e.g. the BRs), if not a CA
communication?