Pedro,

Did you mean Section 3, not Section 4?

Section 4 does not talk about certificate lifetimes at all, but covers
similar long-standing requirements imposed by other root programs
directly. Naturally, the CA Communications doesn't cover the many
existing Mozilla requirements that are also part of the ballot, and
have never been covered by versions of the BRs, in a manner similar to
the change in lifetime, and only seems to focus on the requirements
either implicit to Mozilla or explicit in other programs.