Sorry, my message was incomplete... please read the las part as:

 Can you please clarify why this is not correct and what is the security
problem it creates if the CA is not operated externally?

El jueves, 2 de julio de 2020, 8:19:34 (UTC+2), Pedro Fuentes  escribió:
> Hello,
> Our understanding when creating this SubCA was that the CA certificate should
> include the EKUs that would be allowed to issue, and therefore, as it would
> generate certificates for the OCSP responders, it should include such EKU,
> the same it would include the EKU for clientAuthentication, for example.
> Can you please clarify why this is not correct and what is the security
> problem it creates?
> Thanks,
> Pedro
>
> El jueves, 2 de julio de 2020, 6:31:16 (UTC+2), Ryan Sleevi  escribió:
> > On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 11:48 PM Peter Gutmann <pgut...@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
> > > <dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>

> > > include
> > > id-kp-
> > >
> > > Unless I've misread your message, the problem isn't the presence or not of
> > > nocheck extension but the invalid presence of an OCSP EKU:

> > > the
> > >
> > > So the problem would be the presence of the OCSP EKU when it shouldn't be
> > > there, not the absence of the nocheck extension.
> >

> > Not quite. It’s both.
> >
> > The BR violation is caused by the lack of the extension.
> >
> > The security issue is caused by the presence of the EKU.
> >
> > However, since some CAs only view things through the lens of BR/program
> > violations, despite the sizable security risk they pose, the compliance
> > incident is what is tracked. The fact that it’s security relevant is
> > provided so that CAs understand that revocation is necessary, and that it’s
> > also not sufficient, because of how dangerous the issue is.

  • SECURITY RELEVANT FOR CAs: ... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
    • Re: SECURITY RELEVANT ... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
    • Re: SECURITY RELEVANT ... Peter Gutmann via dev-security-policy
      • Re: SECURITY RELEV... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
        • Re: SECURITY R... Pedro Fuentes via dev-security-policy
          • Re: SECURI... Pedro Fuentes via dev-security-policy
          • Re: SECURI... Paul van Brouwershaven via dev-security-policy
            • Re: S... Pedro Fuentes via dev-security-policy
              • R... Neil Dunbar via dev-security-policy
                • ... Paul van Brouwershaven via dev-security-policy
                • ... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
                • ... Paul van Brouwershaven via dev-security-policy
                • ... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
                • ... Paul van Brouwershaven via dev-security-policy
                • ... Paul van Brouwershaven via dev-security-policy
                • ... Filippo Valsorda via dev-security-policy