Duane wrote:
Gervase Markham wrote:

1.) White address / tool bar and padlock ON for Domain / Email validated
only (Class 1).
2.) Yellow address / tool bar and padlock ON for Identity / Business
validated (Class 2 & 3).
3.) Green address / tool bar and padlock ON for EV certificates (Class
4).
What benefit is there to users of having a more complex system such as
this? EV _is_ Identity/Business validated.

EV would be at best Class 3, Class 4 would be extensive background
checks,
<snip>

You've missed my point. My question is: "why do we need to expose more than two levels of validation (EV and everything else) to the user?". I understand the CA industry recognises more, although the precise boundaries between classes are not defined. However, IMO there's no point in exposing that.

Gerv