On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:39:31 -0700
Jonas Sicking wrote:

> As I've stated, I don't want to force app developers to have to their
> code inspected by stores, nor do I want to force stores to review
> developers code. And if a code review hasn't happened I don't see what
> signing the code buys anyone.

It means that what the signer intends if the source is secure, you
receive, no more no less, no matter the transport mechanism.

> Instead I want stores to verify that they can trust a developer
> through things like contractual means and restricting which set of
> privileges they give an app. It has also been suggested that stores
> should be able to require certain technical security measures from the
> app, like EV Certs and/or certain CSP policies. This sounds like great
> ideas to me. Likewise, it would likely be a good idea to have minimum
> requirements on stores that they use things like EV Certs and CSP
> policies.

EV Certs are a laughing stock in security circles likely just made up
to make money by CAs. It's unfortunate that browsers jumped on the band
wagon. Have you never met a dodgy accountant. ALL it achieves is to
encourage users to have a false sense of security in a dodgy website
rather than considering if they trust the source (domain/author). It
also means a spoofed chrome green bar or alternating green bar can fool
users into entering data over plain text.