On 21/03/12 09:08 AM, lkcl luke wrote:

  surely there must be _somebody_ on these lists who knows that SSL can
in no way be utilised to fulfil the requirements?

Well, there is me. But I have spent many years on this problem, and there is no solution to the marketing effect of SSL.

It's really up to the b2g guys how they want to do it. If they choose to secure it with SSL, then good for them. It won't work, because it protects the wrong things. With some luck, they'll add the other things needed, and it won't be an issue.

But why do we care? It's an open world, everyone has the right to spend their time.

iang