On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:08:01 +0000
lkcl luke wrote:

> please do instead consider
> this to be a funny joke, which i am sharing *with* you, rather than
> being one who is laughing *at* you.  i trust that you understand that
> the difference is vital.  one is a personal insult - tantamount to
> technical bullying, which i have been on the receiving end of by many
> "respected" free software community leaders who should know better

I understand the point but on the other hand. I'm sure everyone on this
list is likely to be good at what they do and can take a bit of banter
just fine, it does help make things more efficient with people
considering more before writing and I think everyone's wrote something
and thought why the fsck did I write that or that's come out wrong. It
also makes it more likely that more important points are remembered.
Thta's my experience from the OpenBSD list which has a lot of clever
experienced people with restricted time to spare on it anyway.

>  i am having some difficulty here.  it is almost as if there is like a
> parallel universe.  one in which SSL is imagined to be the "absolute
> solution".  i cannot be the only person on these lists who can think
> things through clearly enough to know that the use of SSL will be a
> complete failure.

I think that's likely a natural progression from devs knowing the apis
of ssl maybe via php and just having a working knowledge of ssl etc..

This came across the android app dev list today. Not sure if anyones
interested. Sorry it's backwards but I'm not fixing it.

if I only consider the Android defined permissions, that file
Manifest.java is enough?

2012/3/20 Kristopher Micinski