On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:21:54 +0000
lkcl luke wrote:

> good analysis of the alternative distributions.  their analysis is
> shown here:
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Package_signing#How_signing_is_implemented_in_other_distributions

I fired that page across earlier without such a good introduction though
did you miss it or was it censored?

Knowing SSL is very capable such as for encrypting files and a tiny
percentage of it is used normally and whilst I do guess gpg is a better
fit. A quick glance at the SSL man page does mention this.

Handling of S/MIME signed or encrypted mail

and so may work if used right with the danger being that it may not
be?. I'm not sure if SSL lends itself better to the web technologies
that will be used server (I'm unsure about gpg support on windows
servers) and phone side though. I guess the employed web technologies
of the entire system need fully defining first and so all of the
desirable potential endgoals before that.