On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Gordon Brander <gbran...@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> It’s funny: I have come to the opposite conclusion for the same reason.
>
> The Good: getting 60fps interactions and animations in web apps using a
> proven approach (UI and interaction thread).
> The Ideal: also automatically serializing those apps for offline use.

I agree with this.

Also, there is a way to get "save for later viewing" to work with complex
apps: serialize all the application state --- DOM, CSS, JS heap, workers,
etc --- and revive it later, possibly in a jail that blocks it from
accessing the network when revived, but possibly not. A lot of work to
implement, but not terribly difficult, and it would give you a great
experience, without restricting (explicitly or implicitly) what Web apps
can do.

Rob
owohooo
oioso