Wan-Teh wrote:
> Yes, that was the reason for the portability layer
> (which uses the pkix_pl prefix in the source code).
> One of the intended customers was the IPsec code
> in the kernel, so the main libpkix library did not
> even depend on the Standard C Library.
>
> Each environment would need its portability layer
> for libpkix, for example, pkix_pl_nss, pkix_pl_openssl,
> pkix_pl_kernel/ipsec.  Only pkix_pl_nss was implemented.

Yeah, that's what Yassir said also. He thought it was
pretty funny that you're going to get rid of the HTTP
certstore and non-blocking I/O. Apparently, we only
put those in at the request of the NSS team! I guess
requirements have a way of changing over the years...

I have cc'd Yassir on this email so that you can
have his latest email address. With his permission!

Thanks,

Steve