I want to caution everyone that this process skates close to an edge
of an Apache invariant. An online forum has the potential to exclude
people in far-away time zones or with other constraints. At Apache, we
try to maximize the use of email to avoid this problem.

Nothing here is an absolute -- I'm not trying to torpedo this plan altogether.

Nothing, that is, except except that _decisions_ must be made on the
mailing list afterwards.

If anyone in the dev community feels excluded by this prospect, I
would encourage you to speak up now, so that the planners can make
adjustments to minimize that.