Hi,

This is the proposal, for lack of a better one and lack of any console for
artemis currently, and as end users are crying out for this including myself (I
work for a company called IG Group).

It is to provide skinned version of hawtio (ASL) using the fact you can provide
a branding plugin, I have created this, and is what the screenshots show and
available in my personal branch currently.

Then to provide/expose neatly the artemis management features, there already
exists in the wild an artemis plugin (currently in a git project called
rh-messaging) to provide a rich feature set. As per my call out it seem the
guys are willing to contribute this into artemis project.

This is quite clean as if anyone wishes not to use or remove you can simply
comment out in the bootstrap.xml its just some wars, like wise we just need to
worry about maintaining going forwards just the plugins not a whole FE
framework.

Also if in the future a better viable option is chaired, then this can be
replaced, but for now at least this provides an out the box solution which as
already stated myself and other users are crying out for.

As per the minimum things we needed to address which Dan kindly bulleted for
us, to make this acceptable, i believe I have met all the minimum bar
requirements now.

=============

I discussed previously, what would NEED to be done for this to be “acceptable”:

1) All branding/links/etc… in the console need to be re-skinned or whatever to
be “ActiveMQ”.  All mentions of hawtio and links off to other sites other than
a possible small “powered by” type thing would need to be removed.

2) All “plugins” and functionality that don’t pertain to things related to
ActiveMQ would need to be removed.

3) The “plugin" that presents ActiveMQ related stuff to the user MUST live here
at Apache and part of the ActiveMQ community.   We cannot use the one they
provide (unless you can convince them to donate it to Apache).

1 - Done - See screenshots. (one note as per community feedback is for me to
add a poweredBy logo , i can easily do this)
2 - Done - See screenshots
3 - Done - As per mail thread it seems they’re willing to donate this.

Cheers
Mike