Started doing a quick look through this (really, just a build, run with. help
from IRC channel to get past login issue, poke around) and it’s definitely
“very early” and still needs quite a bit of work, but for the most part, a good
start.

From my “5 minute poke around”:

1) URL and page titles need to have hawtio removed and changed.

2) “about” page needs major updates.   First, the description should describe
ActiveMQ/Artemis and obviously point folks toward our websites.    Second,
since this is an “about” page in a gui kind of application, then any important
notices need to go here.   That said, I also just discovered that the NOTICE
and LICENSE in the binary distribution need updating.    They will need
updating anyway with the new deps so that’s something we’ll need to be careful
of before release.   Likely just get the NOTICE and LICENSE things updated then
package them in with the about page with links that bring them up somehow.

3) “Connect” page needs updating to remove all the references to the commercial
products.

4) Dashboard, still lists Camel things.  Needs to be removed.

5) Diagnostics page, Flight recorder tab needs to be removed.

6) On startup, it created a bunch of crap in ~/.hawtio.   If possible this
should be disable or moved into the brokers directory someplace. (etc? data?)

7) The “help” stuff has a ton of links and such off to other places.  Those
need to be replaced or removed as well.  Alternatively, as a stop gap solution,
I’d be OK with removing the entire “Help” and/or have it just point off to a
new page on our web site or similar to help them get things setup.

8) In the poms, there are some references to “fuse” properties that should
change.  Those are just property names so should be easy search/replace.

9) Is there any way to slim it down?    There was a lot of flak about the old
web console war being 14MB and this is over 21MB.  Ouch.   There is a ton of
stuff in the war that looks irrelevant.  (Bootstrap/docs, d3/test, etc…)  Not
sure if hawtio-git library is “required” or the two versions of guava.    Note:
EVERYTHING that is in the war needs to be investigated to determine the impact
on the LICENSE and NOTICE files.      That’s not going to especially fun.   It
looks like the hawt.io folks don’t care at all about their licensing
requirements.   The more it can be slimmed down, the less that needs to be
investigated, but it still looks like it’s going to be a lot.  :(

I didn’t actually check any of the “Artemis” specific stuff yet.   Just trying
to get a feel for it.

Dan