Entirely correct

Get Outlook for Android

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 2:02 AM +0000, "Justin Bertram" <jbert...@apache.org>
wrote:

Ultimately I'm much more concerned about the development resources
committed to the code-base than I am the number of end users. I think it's
bad for the credibility of the project to promote a piece of software that
doesn't have good developer support. Five people have commented on this
DISCUSS thread, but none of them have volunteered to support the NMS and/or
CMS code-base. I certainly don't blame anybody for that because we're all
free to work on what we want, but if we can't identify a handful of
developers who are committed to these code-bases then I think we should
mark them as deprecated.

I don't really see deprecation as changing the current status quo, and I
certainly don't think it's taking anything away from existing users. If the
code-base is as stable as you suspect then users can just continue on using
it. If problems arise anybody is free to fork the code and fix it
themselves, etc. This is open-source after all.

If the word "deprecated" is off-putting we can use "end-of-life" or
"retired" or something else. I think we just need some kind of caveat on
main NMS & CMS pages that indicates there are no developers committed so
there's no guarantee of bug fixes or future releases so they may be better
off with an alternative. The ActiveMQ website has had so much stale
information for so long I think it would be very good for the project to be
clear about project status. The community went through the same kind of
thing just a few years ago with LevelDB.

Justin