1. Getting more contributes is important but it's also important to give
attention to the current contributes.
I noticed that if PR had no reviews and it reached page 3 and above it is
likely to be forgotten.
take this one for example:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/4473
The author is required to rebase again. It's not very "welcomey" to new
contributes. There are more open PRs like this. One suggestion might be a
monthly status check of all open PRs to see if something was missed?

2. The attention of committers doesn't always pointer to what the community
needs. Check this one https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/1936 a problem
that bugs many people but there is no discussion how to solve this. There has
been more than 4 releases after this PR was introduced and the problem it tries
to fix wasn't addressed nor discussed. The author commented that he can update
the branch but he needs committers to be involved.

Again, since everything is volunteer base it make sense and understandable
however if the project wishes to get more contributors it might be easier to
start with the PRs that we already have rather than putting effort on trying to
invite new contributors.