I looked at the
> https://cwl-airflow.readthedocs.io/en/1.0.18/readme/how_it_works.html#what-s-inside
> understand what CWL is and that's where I took the descriptor + job (in Key
> Concepts).

Oh this is an old one, but even new one probably does not reflect the real
picture.

OK. So as I understand finally the problem you want to solve - "To make
> Airflow more accessible to people who already use CWL or who will find it
> easier to write dags in CWL". I still think this does not necessarily have
> to be solved by donating CWL code to Airflow (see below).

I think there are many ways.

> Ok. So what you basically say is that you think Airflow community has more
> capacity than CWL community to maintain CWL converter.

My understanding CWL community just developing common standard (CWL) not
converters or converter :). For me the CWL-Airflow developer definitely Airflow
community has far more capacity that me alone :)

> I am not so sure
> about it (precisely because of the lost opportunities). But maybe a better
> solution is to ask in the airflow community whether there are people who
> could join the CWL-airflow converter and increase the community there.

That probably a good start just to check and see the interest

> I would not say for the whole community, but I would not feel comfortable
> as a community to take responsibility on the converter without prior
> knowledge and understanding CWL in detail. Especially that it is rather for
> small group of users (at least initially). But I find CWL as an idea very
> interesting and maybe there are some people in the community who would love
> to contribute to your project?  Suggestion - maybe just ask - here and in
> slack - if there is enough interest in contributing to CWL-Airflow, rather
> than donating the code to Airflow ? Just promote your project in the
> community and ask for help.

I tried but have not got any feedback :) but I’m not a promoter or seller

> I can see this as the best of both worlds - if you find a few people who
> would like to help and get familiar with it and they are also part of the
> Airflow community and we get collective knowledge about it - then
> eventually it might lead to incorporating it to Airflow itself if our
> community gets more familiar with CWL. I think this is the best way to
> achieve the final goal of finally incorporating CWL as part of Airflow.

Works for me

> In the meantime - I am happy to help to make Airflow more "CWL friendly"
> for the users - both from documentation and Helm chart POV.

Thank you, I appreciate that, how we proceed?